Thursday, November 8, 2007

Week Six: Tagging, Folksonomies & Technorati

I have been using Del.ic.ious for quite awhile, its a wonderful way of keeping track of sites you come across but can't explore right at that moment, or sites you want to keep for future reference, Or sites you want to access constantly! :D Super handy because you can access it from anywhere! AND there's even more....you can access other peoples lists that they have tagged, so if you are looking for links on "website" "design" for example, you can look at what other people have tagged and check out the most often tagged items.

I also quite like seeing how many other people have tagged the same things as me!
Delicious integrates with Mozilla Firefox so all my bookmarks are imported directly from my browser :) handy!

You can also hide links :P If you have things you'd rather not have the world knowing youve tagged ;) ;) ;) hehe.

2.0 in libraries to me has so much potential its absolutely thrilling. There are so many positive aspects that we can make use of.
One of the biggest issues I think is that it is such a fast moving area, Infact the whole IT scene is fast moving. Can we? Should we? Do we want to keep up with the pace?

Have had a look at Technorati and claimed my page! :D Will start using tags from now on. :D hehe Yay even found a button! :D --->

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you could hide links - very good to know :)