Thursday, November 8, 2007

Week 9: Podcasts, Video & ebooks

This time I am exploring Podcasts, Video and E-books!

I am a huge fan of YouTube :D Its an incredible tool, to be honest apart from watching the odd WOW movie the main thing I watch from Youtube is old videos. I love searching for old music videos and in particular concerts of groups who's bio's I have just finished. :D

For example, I read a Bio of Led Zeppelin a few months ago, it was amazing to be able to go to Youtube and watch live footage of a concert I had read about, and know what happened after the concert and really place it.

Its one of the things that makes me so grateful to live in this age.

Bwhaha hahaha I see that IE is not supported by bloglines beta only firefox :D Ohh the irony :D I didnt think much of this site but now I think I will perservere.

I added Digital punch TV to my bloglines account :D It talks about exciting stuff like guitar hero and the dangers of Wii elbow :P LOL!
Here is the link to the Digital Punch Podcasts, has every episode so far!
I enjoyed browsing all the podcasts I could subscribe to, lots of them sounded interesting aah if Only I had more time.

Been looking via NetLibrary at the book (On) M Aurealis Antonius, its interesting to see the titles available. I wish I had some way to read e-books while on the train, It would be thrilling to have lots and lots of books available, and not be hindered by the weight of them :P (a big consideration when travelling).

To reflect back on my learning journey I have to say it has been a lot of fun! I have learnt so many new things, new resources i have never used before, and brushed up on some things I hadn't used in awhile.
I do have to say that the inability to sit down and knock off things one after another, because you often have to get up and do other things, or answer phones, etc..etc.. does make this quite difficult particularly if you have not quite grasped the directions.
The overwhelming comment I have heard from people is that it does not take 15 minutes. hehe, also that they have learnt a lot. I have definately learnt quite a bit.
As a program it is a fantastic way to take away some of the mysticism of 2.0 . Allowing people to learn and participate in a non-threatening practical manner.

Thank you! :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Old music videos are awesome, I love youtube for that! :) Well done on your blog, it's great to see you have enjoyed learning the new web 2.0 stuff!